Production Project Manager
GoVision LLC (www.jumbo.tv), a Learfield company, is a premier provider of large-scale LED video displays and related services specializing in state-of-the-art mobile and modular LED technology, closed circuit TV, creative/content services, custom design, fabrication and installation. Our full-service LED solutions span from the most complex modular configurations, custom built to any size, to North America’s largest fleet of turnkey mobile units. GoVision is dedicated to unrivaled experiences through exceptional customer service, innovative design, and a relentless pursuit of perfection in the unpredictable event business.
Reports to: Vice President of Design & Engineering
Project Management of assigned designs and development projects. Serve as the subject matter expert through initial assignment to customer acceptance, addressing all issues and concerns throughout the process. Collaborate with internal and external customers, sales, engineering and the fabrication shop for both client and internal projects. Develop project timelines and plan sequence of operations based upon job order, schematic drawings, and verbal/written instructions.
- Take ownership of assigned projects as Project Manager – collecting updates and input – providing timing and cost status in weekly strategic review meetings, as well as monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Develop project timelines based upon customer, sales, engineering, fabrication, and senior management collaboration.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Fabrication to collectively pursue the most cost-effective designs and fabrication strategies to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Work in concert with Shop Manager to ensure timely delivery, and most cost-effective, purchase of materials and components. Assist as Purchasing Liaison as needed to meet project timelines.
- Maintain project and production momentum by verifying incomplete or ambiguous information, and assist in collecting outstanding required information as quickly as possible.
- Develop, maintain, and own a performance metric system for projecting and tracking projects and departmental requests. Will be used as a quoting, planning, evaluation, and growth projection tool.
- Organize, create, and lead concept and design reviews as required. Document, distribute, and track key information and action items for internal and external customers.
- Conduct “lessons learned” and post project reviews for continuous improvement efforts in all areas.
- Develop, maintain and distribute Supplier Database with capabilities, SWOT’s, past projects and associated costs, and key contacts.
- Engineering Degree or in process of acquiring Engineering Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of technical project management or production management experience required.
- Strong desire and ability to acquire product and process knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.