Entry Level LED Technician
GoVision L.P. (www.jumbo.tv) is a full-service LED screen provider that specializes in state-of-the-art video solutions, from the most complex modular configurations, custom-built to any size, to its fleet of turnkey mobile units. The company prides itself on delivering “More Ways to Get Noticed” through exceptional customer service, creativity in modular LED design and its relentless pursuit of perfection in the unpredictable event business.
- Transport, build, control, and extract LED products on show sites.
- Operate LED walls including, but not limited to, Barco, Lighthouse/Panasonic, and Daktronics products.
- Research and train to stay on leading edge of LED technology and video production.
- Quality control and maintenance of LED product and supporting accessories.
- Show site management. Manage labor crews, riggers, and/or coworkers to safely construct video screens.
- Provide client interaction for show prep and on-site.
- Examine the product with a critical eye to ensure the best possible product is being presented to clients and spectators.
- Trouble-shoot display and control hardware and software.
- Assist with checking out, packing and loading of complete system for shipment and upon return.
- Create and/or complete show reports, expense reports, log books, mileage logs, and any required DOT or company documentation.
- Competently represent GoVision to customers. Use good judgment and make sound decisions. Become knowledgeable of and follow company procedures.
- Work scheduled and unscheduled time as needed.
- Perform other tasks or responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Broadcasting or related technical field preferred but not required.
- LED, video engineering or project management experience preferred, but not required. Will train, but must have technical aptitude.
- Possess Class B CDL required at hire or shortly after hire.
- Travel required. Ability to travel via ground and air. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked. Will travel 50 to 75% of calendar year.
- Available to work evenings and weekends to support event schedules. Will include working and traveling on some holidays.
- Must have good written/verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to work as a team member and work unsupervised independently.
- Ability to work at heights, work from ladders or structures and ability to carry equipment and/or tools. Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Able to quickly learn hardware and software systems as well as good mechanical understanding.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and responsible to plan, execute, and document.
- Must live in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area or able to relocate within 3 months of hire.
- Background check may be conducted.